Saturday, July 7, 2007

Saved by the Bell

I'm going back to school.

That's it... it's happening. No long introduction needed, no waffle about summer time, change, aliya, journeys, responsibility or any of that stuff. Come September, I will be a student. Not a full time student, not a degree student, but I have found a course in the field I love, with hours that suit me, and I am going back to school.

For the last five or six years, university talk was always around. I applied to university four times, and each time, I turned down the offers I received, knowing that studying a degree out of my field of interest would be a waste of my time, and money, and the chances are, I wouldn't follow through. This time, I am going to be studying at a design school, and working at the same time.

In addition to the skills and qualification I will receive, there is one other aspect that I am looking forward to. My course, in Tel Aviv, is in Hebrew. It will give me an insight into the real Israel, I will get an opportunity to see life outside the Anglo-bubble I live in. Don't get me wrong, I love my friends and the life I have built here, but a little more Hebrew language and Israeli integration is defiantly overdue.

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education" [Mark Twain] and now the time has come for me to take my education to the next step.

No comments:

Post a Comment